A newborn baby on Saturday was burnt by fire from a lantern after coming out from his mother’s womb in Calabar, Cross River State. HGS Media Plus reports.
The incident happened on Saturday, 14 November, 2020.
According to report from a Facebook user, Ijeoma Stella Aluka, who witness and shared the incident via her Facebook page, the baby got burnt by a lantern which exploded few minutes after his delivery.
Ijeoma stated that the mother of the baby went to a local home to give birth to the child due to her financial status when a lantern in the room fell down causing an instant explosion.
She further stated that the baby who is now 4-day-old was immediately taken to a hospital, Victoria Medical Centre located at Hi-Quality bakery, Ndidem Usang Iso road, Marian in Calabar.
She added by also begging the public to help out in saving the baby and to support the mother to take care of the baby.
“Hello guys! Just came across this 4 days old baby this afternoon at victoria medical center located at marian road just beside high quality bakery.
“Heard the mother went to give birth at one local home like that because of lack of funds to go to the hospital.
“That there was a big lantern for illumination in the room and as soon as the baby came out, the lantern mistakenly fell over and caused an explosion which in turn burnt the baby.
“I don’t want to imagine the pain the innocent baby is going through and that of even the ignorant mother is going through right now.
“Please my people, whatever you can do to help please i beg you to reach out.” She said.
Ijeoma who also helped in paying the sum of one hundred thousand naira for the hospital bill and to buy food for the baby said,
“So i was able to make a deposit of 100k for the baby since the parents couldn’t come up with any money. Treatment is ongoing and i will be getting food items and clothing for them”
Watch video below:
View this post on Instagram